New In This Release
Deleting a SmartPin Creates Attribute History
When originally defined, the attribute history for a SmartPin was only captured when the SmartPin was transitioned from one type of SmartPin to a new type of SmartPin. With the addition of embedded tasks, we realized that SmartPins should also capture attribute history when a SmartPin is deleted. This way, if a SmartPin is an embedded task for another SmartPin, the task can be deleted when complete, without transitioning it, and the attribute history will appear in the parent SmartPin.
In the screenshot below, you can see the Node Parent SmartPin in San Antonio, Texas, in the Attribute History Report. The NodeChild1 SmartPin was created, filled out with the dbLoss value of 100, and then deleted.
The screenshot shows the attribute history for the NodeParent SmartPin, including the attributes for the deleted embedded task, NodeChild1.
Fixed In This Release
Asynchronous Reverse Geocoding Changes the SmartPin ‘Updated’ Information
If the mobile app is unable to reverse geocode the SmartPin location to an address, the SmartPin information is sent to the server without an address and the server attempts to reverse geocode the lat, long to an address. Previously, when this was accomplished, the server was changing the SmartPin ‘Updated By’ and ‘Updated At’ information. The ‘Updated By’ was being changed to ‘firstname.lastname@example.org’. The ‘Updated At’ information was being changed to a new time.
We changed this so that the server does not change the Updated By and Updated At information for the SmartPin. Two changes will still be present in the Audit Log to track the discrete changes to the SmartPin information. The first record is the update from the mobile app, with all of that information. The second change just records the updated address, but does not reflect any change to the updated by or updated at properties of the SmartPin.
Blank ‘Created by’ in Notifications
Right after we released our improved notifications last week, we realized that the ‘Created by’ field was blank in the notification due to a last minute change. We fixed that.