Fixed asset management is a new feature recently released by Nrby. By definition, a fixed asset can be anything that is always at the same location. Examples might be optical nodes, power supplies, fixed power generators, refrigeration equipment, etc. Nrby provides customers the following benefits when managing any fixed asset.
- Iconicially represent what is at the location. Could be one items or even multiple pieces of
equipment at the same location.
- Create, update and complete embedded tasks for any fixed asset.
- Assign embedded tasks to any Nrby mobile user.
- View all open associated tasks for any fixed asset from the mobile device and dashboard.
- Add actionable timers creating periodic maintenance efforts.
- All completed tasks roll up into the timeline (past list of tasks and captured attributes) for the fixed asset which is viewable from the mobile device and dashboard.
Creating an Embedded Task from the Nrby Dashboard
1. Open the Dashboard and center on the service area of interest.
2. In the search bar enter the asset identifier. The asset identifier is the unique name configured for the fixed asset. In this example it’s the Node Name (AW07) of the Optical Node. It could be a generator site, customer name, etc.. That will be pre-configured on set up and should already be known. The search bar has real-timefiltering so once you enter the asset identifier name you should only see that asset on the dashboard.
3. Click on the fixed asset to bring up the details screen. Notice the four folders at the top – Details, Tasks, Timeline and Notes. Open the Tasks folder. In this folder you can see all the open tasks associated to that fixed asset. To create a new task hit the New Task button at the bottom of the detailed view.
4. Hitting new tasks opens an input screen on the left side of the dashboard. The first drop down allows you to select the embedded task that needs to be created. In this example we are selecting a Maintenance (MT) SmartPin. At this point you should see a bouncing MT SmartPin.
5. The next step is to enter the address where the SmartPin should be placed.
6. Enter the additional information required for the tech in the field. In this example we are adding job
number and MT reason. When done hit Save.
7. At this point the Maintenance (MT) SmartPin has been successfully created at the address specified.
Once the SmartPin is created you can also assign this any technicians. Click on the SmartPin you want to assign. At the bottom of the details screen hit the assign button.
This opens a menu to enter emails address. Start to enter the emails of the technician. This will auto populate selections as characters are entered. Pick the technician. You can repeat this process if you need to assign the same SmartPin to additional technicians.
You can always view if a SmartPin has been assigned. Open the SmartPin and scroll to the bottom of the details screen. At the very bottom you will see the assignments.
One of the additional folders available in the SmartPins details is Timeline. The Timeline contains all the completed embedded tasks. Again, this is only available from fixed assets.
If you have any questions, please send them to us at email@example.com.